Win private dance coaching from Dame Darcey Bussell, DBE, with Movitae
Dame Darcey Bussell DBE
Photo credit: Charlotte MacMillan
We are so excited to announce our competition for two lucky ballet students to win personalised video feedback on their dance variations from Dame Darcey Bussell, DBE.
“I love how dance teaching is now able to take advantage of technology for the benefit of young dancers globally. The ability to support the physical dance environment with online feedback from near or afar makes dance learning even more exciting and accessible. Well done Movitae, I am glad I can support this initiative and I am really looking forward to viewing the variation videos submitted” Darcey.
Any student, 10 years or over may enter the competition whether their school is on Movitae or not. If you don’t have a Movitae account, just click HERE to sign up and instructions will follow! If you already have a Movitae account, don’t create another account, just click the link and log in, you will be automatically linked to the competition organisation and further instructions will show on your Timeline.
Students simply need to submit a rehearsal video of a variation from one of the major ballets. Variations may be classical or neo-classical and on flat or on pointe.
Please submit your entry by Wednesday the 14th March, 2018.
There is a USD $15 entry fee for this competition.
Two prize winners will be selected, one from the age group 10 to 13 years and one from the age group 14 and over. They will be chosen by Dame Darcey Bussell and the lucky winners will be announced on Wednesday the 4th April, 2018 (terms and conditions apply). The winners will receive a video from Darcey with performance and technique tips on their variation and a prize package from Movitae. All proceeds from the competition will be distributed to nominated families to go towards their term fees (NB: Movitae schools will be invited to nominate one family per school, details to be announced soon through our ‘Dance Teachers on Movitae’ organisation).
Terms of Competition:
Win private online dance coaching with Dame Darcey Bussell (DBE)
1. The promoter is Movitae Ltd whose registered office is at 152 Garnet Road, Westmere, Auckland, New Zealand.
2. The competition is open to all except employees of Movitae and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3. There is a USD $15 entry fee to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. The student must be 10 years or older to enter and have the consent of a parent/guardian.
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7. Closing date for entry Wednesday is the 14th of March 2018. 11:59pm NZST. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. Movitae reserves the right to extend, cancel or amend this promotion at any time.
10. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. We reserve the right to substitute any prize with another without giving notice.
11. Two prize winners will be selected, one from the age groups 10 to 13 and one from 14 and over and will be chosen by Dame Darcey Bussell.
12. The winners will be notified by email and/or on Movitae by Wednesday the 4th of April 2018. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and select a replacement winner.
13. Movitae’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The details of the correspondence between Dame Darcey Bussell and the winner(s) is to remain private. The correspondence and feedback from Dame Darcey Bussell may not be communicated on social media or any other form of media without express permission from Movitae.
15. No professional filming of video entry.
16. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Movitae and not to any other party. However, the winner(s) agrees to the use of his/her name and image/video in any publicity material for marketing purposes produced by Movitae.
18. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.